"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Youth Say, "God Is Missing From Church" Like????

"According to the Barna Group, U.S. adults are almost evenly divided on whether church is at least somewhat important or is not important at all. While half (49%) say it is "somewhat" or "very" important, the other 51% say it is "not too" or "not at all" important. And only two in ten young adults asked said that church attendance was important. When young adults were asked why church was not important, a third said the church was "irrelevant," a third said the church was "hypocritical" and the last third cited the "moral failure of church leadership." Additionally, two out of ten young adults said "God was missing from church."

Forty-two percent of American adults who do attend church on a regular basis say they do so to get closer to God. Forty percent of adults said they find God elsewhere, and thirty-five percent said the church was not personally relevant to them."
( Churchleaders.com "Americans Are Divided on the Importance of Church". Staff Writer)

No comments: